Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone. Sorry it's been a while, but with the move and everything it's taken a while to get settled. Ok so here we go

On the NBA:
Congratulations to the Lakers for winning the Championship. They looked really good against Orlando. Is it me or did Dwight Howard look kind of ordinary in that series? I don't think he did anything to establish himself as the best center in the NBA today. I just wasn't impressed with him.

As far as ree agent signings and trades I love the Lakers signing of Ron Artest! I think he's going to give them that little bit of attitude they need. I also think this move will help free Kobe up a little defensively and allow him to be able to reelance a little more.

As far as other moves, I like Rasheed Wallace to Boston, Shaq to Cleveland and the Clippers getting rid of Zach Randolph. I don't think Trevor Ariza to Houston, Hedo Turkeglu to Toronto or Richard Jefferson to the Spurs were that good but we'll have to wait and see. And to Lamar Odom, sign your deal with the Lakers! He played great in the playoffs for the irst time in his career just in time to become a free agent. Hmmm, interesting. He has NEVER been consistent in his career and folds at big moments. If the Lakers are offering a deal in the 3 year 28 million dollar range he should sign. If not see ya Lamar and enjoy watching another victory parade here in LA next year.

On to MLB:
At the halfway point of the year the biggest surprise to me is the Dodgers having the best record in Baseball. I thought they would hit, but the pitching has been better than I thought. The bullpen has been great! Even without Manny the Dodgers have shown they could win. I expected Boston, The Yankees,and Tampa Bay to got at it in the AL East, but I didn't expect the Texas Rangers to play this well. When did Andruw Jones learn to hit again? He's my pick for AL comeback player of the year at this point. My hat's off to Mike Scoiscia and the Angels. With everything they have been through and they're still leading their division, that's a statement about that team and organization! Scoiscia is my pick for AL Manger of the Year. Here's to a great 2nd half!

I'm also very glad that the NFL starts later this month. How I've missed football!

In wrestling
I'm really glad that Tara (formerly Victoria in the WWE) is getting her chance to shine in TNA! I really felt that she was not used well in the last year or so in the WWE. I also really like a lot of the fueds that are going on. I love Chris Jericho vs Rey Mysterio! I thought The Miz and John Cena could've gone further. Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk has classic written all over it. I'm really bummed that Edge got hurt as I really love watching his matches! In TNA I like the Samoa Joe heel turn and Sting finally leaving The Main Event Mafia but what happened to the Front Line? When are going to see a group come together and fight them? Sting is an Obvious choice to lead a group now, but who will join him? AJ Styles, Jeff Jarrett, and Daniels? So it would basically be a trade of Joe for Sting? Not sure how that worked but I never bought Sting as a heel.

Lastly Harper's Island
If you saw this show then you'll understand how great it was. I loved how every week you had someone looking more and more like the killer and then something happening to make you think it was someone else. I did figure out it was Henry but really didn't like the storyline of John Wakfield being alive and the last 30 minutes of the finale being Henry holding Abbey hostage, her getting away twice and Henry proclaiming his love for his half sister. Didn't get that one. All in all however it was a great show! I can't wait to buy it on DVD.

That's all for now. Until next week.

Luis

No comments:

Post a Comment