Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Update heading in August

Hello everyone! Hope you're staying cool in this hot time of the year. On to my thoughts on a few things going on in sports.

In the NBA the big story locally continues to be Lamar Odom. Is it just me or is this story seemingly getting just old. I'm sorry Lamar Odom is a decent player, but he is NOT going to be the difference maker in whether the Lakers win another championship next year or not. He is not an All Star! All we've ever heard about Odom is he has all this potential, but has he ever lived up to it? NO! He has flashes of brilliance but is not consistent enough to get upset over this contract situation. He was reportedly offered a 3 year 27 million dollar deal and said no. He would've been 32 and in the prime of his career when that contract expired and would've been in a great postion to win a few championships with the Lakers. I say if he's going to be this wishy washy over the number of years (he wants 5 Lakers offered 3) then go to Miami where he will crumble under the pressure of having to once again be the number 2 scorer on that team, which is something he had problems with here in LA with KOBE BRYANT! Lamar it's time for you to decide what's more important to you, the championships or the money? I hope he stays in LA but will not be losing any sleep if he goes back to Miami.


In MLB
With the trading deadline coming up this Friday there is a lot of speculation as to what the Dodgers and Angels are going to do. I really don't think the Dodgers should "mortgage the farm" to get Roy Halladay or Cliff Lee. I really don't think they should go after Cliff Lee period. He's a very good pitcher but then the Dodgers would have 3 left handed starters in their starting rotation and that could be a problem vs a team like ST. Louis or the Phillies, although that would help against the Phillies a little with Ryan Howard and Chase Utley.I'd like to see the Dodgers get some middle relief and the Angels do nothing as they are now getting healthy and playing well. Maybe they could use a bat, sound familiar, but I think they're in good shape. All in all I think Cliff Lee WILL get traded but Halladay will stay in Toronto!

In the NFL there are 2 topics that are burning up the air waves:
1) Michael Vick
With Michael Vick being released from prison and partialy reinstated by the NFL the question is should anyone sign him? I say they should if they think he will help their team! I have no problem with Vick being suspended by Roger Goodell (NFL Commisioner). I also don't think PETA should have ANY say as to what Michael Vick should do to satisfy them to leave him alone. What right does PETA have to tell anyone how to live? I have NO problem with ANYONE that wants to fight for animal rights, in fact I think everyone should do what they can to help animals. However I do NOT think that PETA or any other organization has any right to demand Michael Vick do anything to satisfy them except for his potential employer, THE NFL! Michael Vick has severed his debt to society now leave him alone, and if anyone does sign him then let him do what he does on the field. Boo or cheer if you want but let him play!

2) Bret Favre
I am so glad that Bret Favre has decided to stay retired. He should've stayed retired last year I'm just really tired of the drama of is he or isn't he? It's just so played out. He was a GREAT player and a 1st ballot Hall Of Famer, but it's time to go. If he doesn't want to put the time in then stay away. However I wouldn't be surprised if he is back in the NFL by seasons' end.


Lastly Wrestling
Night of Champions was very surprising to me! I did not expect any title changes right before Summerslam let alone 3! Congratulations to all the new Champions! I am also very surprised at how well the guest hosts for RAW have been doing. At first I thought it would be horrible but I am the first to admit I was wrong. It's been done very well! I'm glad to see Taz back on TV in TNA also. I can't wait to see where his storyline takes him. A big Welcome Back to Traci Brooks! I'm glad she's back! I'm also very intrigued to see where this Main Event Mafia vs Bobby Lashley storyline is going. Hernandez, Sting, Lashley, Mick Foley, and Beer Money vs the MEM will be great to see play out!

Take Care everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment