Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Been away too long!!!!

Hello all! Now that my computer is fixed I can resume!

UCLA
1st up how great is it that football is back?! I love college football! The UCLA Bruins have shown a really toughness the 1st two weeks of the season. They had a very grittty performance vs Tennessee this past weekend! The defense was great! I know Tennessee isn't what they used to be, but they're still in the SEC! At least everyone always says how tough the SEC is so a PAC-10 team going to an SEC teams' home and beating them is HUGE! Congrats to UCLA. And how good has Kevin Prince looked the 1st two weeks. Get healthy Kevin and hurry back!

USC
USC looked great defensively last week at Ohio St. They really took away OSU's weapons and held them in check all night! Matt Barkely took his lumos in that game and still engineered a great drive at the end for the win! Joe McKnight finally looked like the player that they said he would be out of high school. If he is turning into the back they said he would then look out. And sorry SC fans but I'm not counting the San Jose St game!

College Football (General)
I really have to give credit to Ohio St though as they are one of the ONLY schools that still schedules big games out of conference! I'm so sick of seeing Florida vs Troy, or Oklahoma vs. Idaho St. Whatever happened to playing in the BIG GAMES!? Playing big games in Conference or in a Bowl Game you don't belong in doesn't count! You HAVE to play your conference so I don't give you a pass just because you play in the SEC or BIG 12. Memo to you: Your conferences aren't THAT GOOD outside of 1 or 2 teams. And don't tell me well rivalry games are always a toss up. In that case Notre Dame should be given a pass as every game they play seems to be some kind of rivalry! Suck it up. grow a pair and start scheduling some tougher out of conference opponents. I don't like the BCS system but they should bring back strength of schedule! Then maybe we'd get to see some good games instead of waiting til the "rivalry game" or the Bowl game to see one.

NFL
I was really impressed with what I saw from the Raiders and Bills in week 1. They both looked very strong in defeat. Mark Sanchez had a good 1st game with the Jets. He played better than he did in the preseason, but it's only 1 game. He will have his struggles as did Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Tony Romo. Sanchez has a great career ahead of him. My winners this week were The Saints - Great offensive game against Detroit, The Cowboys - Looked good vs Tampa Bay, and Philidelphia - awesome vs Panthers. Losers this week - Jake Delhomme, Jay Cutler, The Arizona Cardinals! Play of the week - The tipped pass at the end of the Broncos vs Bengals game. 2 bad teams with a miracle ending for the Broncos. What a week in the NFL!

MLB
With the season winding down the Dodgers are playing better this last week or so. Starting to make a strong push toward the playoffs. I loved the additions of Thome, Garland, and Padilla. The Dodgers could be dangerous in the playoffs. The road to the World Series in the NL still goes through St Louis! They have it all! In the AL the Yankees are the class of the league. However the Red Sox are getting hot, and if the Angels can get by Boston they seem to own the Yankees! It should be a great finish!

Hockey and NBA are both starting up soon! Can't wait for that! Can you imagine a lineup of Kobe, Artest, Odom, Gasol, and Bynum on the floor at the same time? Who can match that? Should be fun to watch!

In Wrestling I love the World Elite storyline in TNA. I think they're more exciting than the Main Event Mafia! Good young group of guys there. I've always liked AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels but I reall am starting to like Hernandez as a singles wrestler. I was skeptic at first but he has proven me wrong! He is going to be a HUGE STAR before all is said and done in his career! In WWE I really enjoyed seeing Trish Stratus come back for one night. She really gave the show a boost and the Divas a boost. I love the DX vs. Legacy angle and the fact that Legacy is going over. I never expected that! They're really putting Cody Rhodes and Ted Dibiase on the map! And can we please get someone new in the title picture? I'm so tired of Randy Orton, John Cena, Triple H all the time! Let's get some new people a shot. How about Christian? Or MVP? Or even Chris Jericho? And enough with the Undertaker always getting screwed out of a title! Come on already. CM Punk has been a good champion and a great heel turn! I'd like to see his fued with Taker last a little longer. Oh and one other thing, enough with these stipulation PPVs! There's already too many PPVs and not they're all going to have a gimmick? I remember when stipulations and titles used to mean something special but now they seem to be nothing more than a prop. Let's go back to using them only when needed and not all the time!

Lastly the I wanted to say that what Kanye West did to Taylor Swift was classless and disrepectful! When will Kanye just shut his mouth. He's a talented musician but comes off as a very classless individual. I'm not a Taylor Swift fan but she won give the girl her moment! It was HER moment Kanye, not yours! My hat goes off to Beyonce for showing what class is! She showed everyone the type of person she is! It makes you wonder if Beyonce can be so classy and respectful during HER moment then why can't we'll be that kind to each other? Also wanted to say RIP Patrick Swayze. You will be missed!

1 comment:

  1. Okay now my chance to play espn guy for the day:

    UCLA - Sorry man but they still suck. And they don't play anyone tough. The did get a gritty win v. Tenn, but UCLA play TWO ranked teams this year. That being said I am not nor will I EVER be a college football fan, until they go to a playoff schedule. I think it is a JOKE that Notre Dame has a deal set that if they win 6 games they get a BCS game. That is a joke to what is supose to be a TRUE national champion. By the way how does a #19 ranked team loose to an unranked team and NOT drop in the rankings. Who is Notre Dame sleeping with?

    I agree that border war games are pretty fun, even though they may not mean much. Kansas and Mizzo have always had good games even though they both used to suck at football. Now they actually are ranked and games are even better.

    I have also heard that teams set their out of conference schedule up sometimes four years in advance...no telling what a team will look like in four years.

    NFL - Hey my Chiefs are already on their way to the top draft pick. They didn't get a first down until right before halftime. The offence got a total of 10 points, and I'm not counting the touchdown they got where they started on the Ravens 5 after an interception. I also find it funny that no matter what fantasy team I have they always find a way to stink it up. Predicted to get 115 pointsw...ended up with 55. TOTALLY not my game. I hate the Broncos, however, that was a GREAT play to end the game. And that was a smart play, not running into the endzone to run more time off the clock...Way to go Ed.

    Hockey and NBA...bunch of thugs different playing surface. I can't wait until we get to college basketball. Rock Chaulk Jayhawk. KU is supose to be the preseason #1. Should be a great year.


    Baseball - Best play of the season by far was the foulball caught by the Phillies fan who gave it to his daughter and she threw it over the railing. He then turned, watched his prize fall out of sight, and still turned and hugged his daughter with a big smile. The game sucks, as long as there is no salary cap, and drug testing that actually works. If salary cap doesn't happen soon, you will see the same teams in the world series every year, and that isn't good for baseball. Some even make the arguement in Golf with Tiger.

    TNA - Sorry...but you know me...who cares.

    Kanye - The guy is a joke, even his music. I think he was thinking this was a health care debate and got caught up in the moment. There are other people out there that we can look up to and enjoy there music better than a guy that has his own agenda. The only reason he apologized to Taylor was to not loose record sales.

    ReplyDelete